This cookie statement was last updated on March 27th 2020 and applies to citizens of the European Economic Area.
2. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your internet browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device from which you access our website. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
3. What are scripts?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
4. What is a web beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
6.1 Technical or functional cookies
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website. Kindly note that we may place these cookies without your consent.
6.2 Analytical cookies
We use analytical cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these analytical cookies we get insights in the usage of our website. We ask your permission to place analytical cookies.
6.3 Advertising cookies
On our website, we do not make use of any advertising cookies.
6.4 Social media buttons
On our website we do not use social media buttons to promote other web pages or share them on social networks.
7. Placed cookies
Name Retention Function
Purpose pending investigation
complianz_policy_id 365 days
complianz_consent_status 365 days
This data is not shared with third parties.
8. Your rights with respect to personal data
In line with the Data Protection Act, Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta, you (also known as the ‘data subject’) have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it, and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent and to have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer your data: you have the right to request all your personal data from the controller and transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your data. We comply with this, unless there are justified grounds for processing.
To exercise these rights, please contact us. Please refer to the contact details at the bottom of this cookie statement. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you, but you also have the right to submit a complaint to the Supervisory Authority (the Data Protection Authority).
9. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the Help section of your browser.
Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you visit our websites again.
10. Contact details
Building & Construction Authority,
Horn Works Ditch,
Emvin Cremona Street,